We are the Wayfair Mafia
We invest money, time, and effort into Wayfair operators.
This group was started by former and current Wayfair employees, interested in supporting startups founded by former Wayfair employees. We want to help spur innovation among this smart, big thinking, hard working base of employees. This is a place to help provide capital, mentors, recruiting support, discounted services, and advice to these Wayfair founders and startup employees. Just like the original PayPal mafia, we have an opportunity to help support hundreds of new companies. Let's do this.
Our mission is to support 100+ Wayfair alumni founders by EOY 2022.
Criteria for Investment
(You are a startup)
- You must have been employed by Wayfair as a W-2 employee (no contractor-only investors) for at least one year.
- You are either the founder/cofounder of the startup, early employee, or heavily involved advisor. The Wayfund Steering Committee has discretion to admit startups that do not fulfill one or both of those criteria.
Criteria to Invest
(You want to invest)
- You must have been a Wayfair W-2, full-time employee, either former or current, for at least one year.
- You are an accredited investor and willing to "pledge" a dollar amount in the case there is a company you decide you want to invest in. Wayfund does not hold the money. You are under no obligation to invest the money. It's simply a show of good faith. To learn more about this, see details on the Apply to Invest page.
- You are willing to commit your expertise if needed.
The #1 thing we invest in is talented Wayfair people. Period.
That's our defining criteria above all else.
Massive industry? Awesome.
Strong user growth? Awesome.
Solid CAC and LTV? Awesome.
None of the above? That's OK.
We still want to talk to you.
A Quote from Niraj Himself
(Co-founder and CEO Wayfair)
"Over time, not only can Wayfair become quite large in Boston, which will help the economy and help us draw in people from all over the country to make Massachusetts a net winner, but frankly I think it’ll help the ecosystem in indirect ways, like people going on to start their own companies." - Niraj Shah, CEO & Founder of Wayfair