Here's the criteria for investment:
- You must have been employed by Wayfair as a W-2 employee, either former or current (no contractor-only investors).
- You must be willing to pledge a dollar amount you're willing to earmark to invest in a company, should there be company that interests you enough to invest. Note:
- We are not holding the $.
- People are under no obligation to invest the $.
- It’s simply a show of good faith.
- You are an accredited investor. In the United States, to be considered an accredited investor, one must have a net worth of at least $1,000,000, excluding the value of one's primary residence, or have income at least $200,000 each year for the last two years (or $300,000 combined income if married) and have the expectation to make the same amount this year. The term "accredited investor" is defined in Rule 501 of Regulation D of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- This is NOT a traditional "fund." You can help by offering dollars and/or advice to companies. You can decide which companies you want to invest your in, and which ones you don't. You will be able to invest on a per deal basis as an individual, or if the investment round gets large enough we'll use angel.co's syndicate structure (to make it easier for the entrepreneur). Have more questions, ping Ryan Durkin.